These rules are for ALL members and guests using the courts and clubhouse area.
Any violation of the rules or conduct prejudicial to the club may lead to cancellation of membership without reimbursement of fees.
- When on duty, the club Monitors manage all aspects of the club and must be respected.
- Members must wait until the rally in progress is completed before crossing the back of a court when entering or leaving.
- Abusive language (swearing, etc), excessive noise, or rudeness to staff or other members and guests is prohibited.
- Littering, abuse of club facilities, and abuse of personal equipment (ex. 'throwing a raquet') is prohibited.
- PLAYING ON WET TENNIS COURTS IS PROHIBITED.
- No smoking or vaping on the courts or in the clubhouse area.
- Members are not allowed to bring outside Pros to give them lessons during Valley Tennis Club hours. Only Valley Tennis Club Pros are allowed to give lessons to members during club hours.
- No motorized vehicles may be parked on club or park property.
- Proper sports attire includes sports shorts, skirts, warm-ups, and tops. Cut-off shorts and cut-off tops are not permitted.
- Non-marking soled tennis shoes must be worn on court. No street shoes.
All other types of footwear including black soled runners are not permitted.
- Host members must ensure that guests are aware of and conform to the Club Rules.
- Only club members may participate in VTC programs or lessons.
- A member is accountable for his/her guest's behaviour.
- Members must pay a $10.00 fee per guest online by 10 pm the night before the guests will be playing. Guest fees may not be paid by cash at the club. If the court is rained out, the guest fee will be reimbursed.
- All guests must register on Valley’s website and agree to all rules, including signing a Covid-19 waiver.
- The guest must be playing with the member during club hours.
- A guest is allowed a maximum of 3 visits per season.
- A member may bring no more than 2 guests a month - the same guest may only come 3 times per season regardless of which member brings the guest.
- Juniors must be members of Valley Tennis Club in order to take lessons or participate in after school, spring, fall or summer camp programs or clinics.
- The clubhouse is for members and paid guests only.
- Please keep it neat and do not expect others to clean up after yourself.
- The clubhouse is open when court monitors are on duty.
- Pets are not permitted in the clubhouse.
- Children are supervised by tennis Pros when taking lessons, clinics or during summer camps. At all other times, the supervision and safety of children is the responsibility of their parents/guardians, not of Valley Tennis Club or its staff.
- Children who are not playing are not allowed inside the court area during play.
- Guardian members may only be on the court with the junior member if they are booked in the court booking as a guest.
- Valley Tennis Club initiation and membership fees are non-refundable.
Updated: February 2022