Court Booking Policy
Please read carefully:
- Only members can book courts, non-members may not book a court at any time.
TIMING & PROCEDURES
- Courts may be booked 3 days in advance starting at 9 pm. For example, at 9 pm on Tuesday you may book a court for Friday between 7 am and 11 pm.
- Courts may be booked by logging in to www.valleytennisclub.com. YOU MAY NOT BOOK A COURT BY LEAVING A PHONE MESSAGE.
- You may only have 2 hours of court time booked in the system at one time. Once your court booking begins, you may book another hour. Doubles bookings count for half the time. For example, 2-hours of doubles counts as 1 hour of your 2 hours of total court time. Members can have a two-hour double booking and a one-hour singles booking, 2 one hour singles bookings or two 2-hour doubles bookings in the system at a time.
- A member cannot play or book a court the hour before or after an event they are in (ie Teams, Tournaments or House League). However, if the courts are not busy then and there is an available court, the member is free to use it.
- A minimum of two players are required to claim a court. Two guests cannot claim a court while waiting for the member(s) to arrive.
- When booking a court, all names of those playing must be entered by either selecting a member name from the drop down or choosing guest. A member must include names of all actual players and not placeholder names (ie – using a different member’s name to hold the court) if one of the players has reached their 2-hour limit.
- A $10.00 guest fee must be paid online before you play. All guests must register on Valley’s website and agree to all rules, including signing a Covid-19 waiver.
- Members playing singles may book 1 hour at a time. You may only have your name associated with two non-consecutive, 1-hour singles bookings at one time. For example, you may have a 1-hour court booked Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening. You may not be booked on another court until the Tuesday court booking time has begun.
- Names of both players must be included in the booking. Placeholder names may not be used if one of the players has already exceeded their 2-hour allotment.
- Singles may be booked in the following times:
- From 7 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday members may book up to 2 hours of non-consecutive court time per day.
- Between 6 pm and 11 pm Monday to Friday members may only book 1 hour per day.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, members may book up to 2 hours of non-consecutive court time per day.
- Members playing doubles may book 2 consecutive hours for play in the following times:
- Between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday-Friday
- All day Saturday and Sunday excluding public hours.
- Between 6 pm and 11 pm Monday to Friday, members playing doubles may only book 1 hour per day.
- All 4 names must be identified in the online booking. Placeholder names may not be used if one of the 4 players has already exceeded their 2-hour allotment.
- No more than 2 guests may be on court in a doubles match.
- Members may bring up to 2 guests a month, but no guest may come more than 3 times per season even if they come with different members.
- Members must enter their guest's name with the court booking at the time of booking the court.
- A guest fee of $10.00 per guest must be paid online by 10 pm the night before before you play.
- The guest (or their parent/Guardian if 17 or under) must register on Valley’s website and agree to all rules, including signing a Covid-19 waiver.
- A guest may only go on the court once the member(s) has arrived. Guests may only play with the member who registered them.
COURT BOOKING FOR LESSONS
- Only Valley Tennis Club Pros or Court Monitors are allowed to book courts for lessons - members can't book courts for lessons. Members are not allowed to bring outside Pros to give them lessons during Valley Tennis Club hours. Only Valley Tennis Club Pros are allowed to give lessons to members during club hours.
- Courts must be cancelled online or by speaking with a monitor by 2 hours before the scheduled court time. You cannot leave a voice mail message to cancel a court. If a court is not cancelled within this timeframe it will be considered a no show.
- Court no shows will not be tolerated:
- 2 no shows by a member will result in loss of court booking privileges for 1 week
- 3 no shows by a member will result in loss of court booking privileges for a month
- 4 no shows will result in loss of court booking and playing privileges for the remainder of the season.
- Juniors are welcome to book courts anytime during the day Monday to Friday and on weekends. After 6 pm Monday to Friday, juniors must be playing with an adult member of the club.
- Juniors must book a court online. Courts may be booked up to 3 days in advance.
- Juniors may bring up to 2 guests a month. The junior member, or their Guardian, must pay the $10.00 guest fee for each guest (regardless of their age) online by 10 pm the night before the court booking. All guests must register on Valley’s website and agree to all rules, including signing a Covid-19 waiver.No guest may come to the club more than 3 times to play in a season even if they come with other members.
- Prime Time is as follows:
- Monday to Friday 6 pm to 11 pm
- Saturday all day - 8 am to 9 pm
- Sunday all day - 8 am to 7 pm
- A reserved court is held until 10 minutes after the hour. If the members do not arrive on court within 10 minutes of their court start time, the booking is forfeited unless there is no one on the court.
- Public Hours at Valley Tennis Club are:
- 9 pm - 11 pm on Saturdays
- 7 pm - 11 pm on Sundays
- 9 pm - 11 pm on Holidays (2022: Victoria Day-May 23, Canada Day-July 1, Civic Holiday-August 1, Labour Day-September 5, Thanksgiving Day-October 10)
- The courts are open to both non-members and members for play.
- Club Rules Apply.
- No pre-sign up for courts. Walk-on only.
- Change overs take place on the half hour (please refer to the club house clock).
- Club members playing in the hour before public time begins are asked to vacate their court promptly, if others are waiting to play.
Please note, any violation of the online court booking policies will result in loss of booking privileges.
Updated February 2022